Thursday, July 01, 2010

vacation recap : san juan

Considering we boarded the ship on May 9th, I've been really slow on this vacation recap thing. I've got two more ports left to share. Here's a little photo tour of my absolute favorite port, San Juan! It was everything I expected and more.

This was the sunrise that morning. Rodger got me up at, like, 5:30 to see it. While I was really irritated with him at the time, I'm glad now that we got to experience that together.
This was our view of San Juan as we cruised in. That is a fortress that has been used for centuries to protect the city. It was the coolest thing about our entire trip!
We got to the fortress before it was opened and pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. We explored the outside grounds for about an hour.
This is the view from the other side of the fortress.
and here's the city skyline from an old World War II touret in the fortress.
Rodger at the fort.
What the fortress walls were made out of.
The architecture and storefronts were so colorful and interesting. It reminded me alot of Italy, as you could see the European influence that had lingered since it's founding days.
Interesting street art and flyers on the back of a mailbox.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails