Thursday, January 01, 2009

Auld Lang Syne!

I called my dad yesterday afternoon to wish him "Happy New Year". I told him I was going to be DD for the night—which was fine with me following the after-party experience that was last Saturday. Read: worst. hangover. ever. He said "Well, hey, maybe you'll hit a check-point. They might give you some sort of community service award." My response was "Yes, and maybe I can wow them with my powers of staggering sobriety!" What makes the whole situation even more impressive is that I am the daughter of a bar owner. Can we say complimentary drinks?

Sober or not, we rang in 2009 with a bang. Mom bought glow sticks this year, which was an awesome addition to the party hats, confetti poppers and sound makers. Coupling drunks with glowing things = instant hilarity. So I spent my night being a leaning pole for the inebriated, taking lots of pictures (with the gold 'ol point and shoot), dispensing water, and mediating drunken disputes. Wouldn't have had it any other way.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

1kcsmiles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
1kcsmiles said...

Great to see you playing with your camera, friends and glowsticks (in real time and the pics after) I added you as a favorite on my new daily photo blog...Bill and I are competing to see who can keep it going the longest!!!

Check them out! http://1kcsmiles.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails