Tuesday, September 21, 2010

last night of summer

I got the official word last night—I have a broken sternum. I managed that slick maneuver while working out at the park. The doctor's orders go something like, "no exercise of any kind". As a result, my new favorite hobby is walking. Lots of walking. I have a wonderful husband who will accompany me on said walks.

Tonight we bid farewell to the summer with a long walk across town. We headed out for some sandwiches but in the process took a walk through the graveyard (which is an arboretum and not nearly as macabre as it sounds), took in the scenery, and stopped in a music store so Rodger could play a little on the grand piano.

The other doctor's order was, "no lifting of any kind". I think my DSLR would complicate matters, so I carried along my light weight little iPhone and documented the stroll with my ShakeIt (polaroid-like) app.

I think it was pretty a magical evening.
(click on the images to see them larger)

4 comments:

rodger said...

sweet.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous. I love the spiderweb. Farewell, summer, farewell.

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Sorry about the sternum.

The photos are great! I love the one with you in front of the fence with the city in the background...where was that taken?

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!

Pam, that was taken in Woodland Cemetary, at the peak. They've recently built a really nice gazebo up there. The ambiance is only slightly interrupted by the presence of the paid for, but not occupied, urn tombs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails