Tuesday, February 17, 2009

hairiness.

My hair is getting really long, and I actually like it. What I don't like is spending 10 precious minutes in front of the mirror every morning, with one blood-drained arm precariously angled over my head holding a blow dryer, as I will it to just please dry so I can go eat my Cheerios and check my email.

I'm also a little saddened by my stance on adventure that I've taken about my hair in the past year. I use to cut and color it every 3 months or so. Once you'd get use to me looking one way, BAM, I'd change it up. Red and shoulder length one week, pixie-length and black with blonde streaks the next. It was great.

But unfortunately my hairdresser, who is much more free spirited than I, up and moved to Seattle to be awesome. So as she hob-nobs with Indie Celebrity-dom, I have become just another Ohioan with boring hair. It's my natural color for Christ's sake! And that's mousy-brown!

It's time for a change, my friends, and it comes in this form (the cut not the color):


Hells yeah.

3 comments:

Rae said...

seems like all sorts of ladies are chopping their hair these days...i on the other hand will not be joining in on the chop fest. however i think this cut will look stunning on you. go get em girl.

Laurie Stark said...

I looooooooooooooooove that cut. I've had short hair for the past four years and sometimes I'd like to have it long again, but the second it starts growing out, it gets mullet-y and I chop it off again. And the world has not seen my natural, mousey greyish-brown since I was about fourteen-years-old. And probably never will.

Unknown said...

Rachael: stunning! i like that word :)

Laurie: we might be (natural) hair twins.

Related Posts with Thumbnails